Monday, March 3, 2008

The abroad life

Why hello there! Long time no talk! I had a WONDERFUL weekend in Prague! It was so so nice to see Nikki and Becca, and to meet Becca's friend Marley and Nikki's roommate Caitlin. I had a really fun time, but as of yet I have not had time to deal with photos. That will probably happen at some point tomorrow, so another photo journey will be on the way.

I got to see a lot of really cool stuff in Prague. We walked over the Charles Bridge, saw the Dancing Building, explored the Prague Castle, had Bohemian Bagels, wrote on the Lennon wall, walked around the Jewish quarter, saw the Astronomical clock, had some memorable tea, munched on typical Czech cuisine (mm...hmm...), and went to a 5 story club. All in all it was a wonderful weekend with great company, even though it was cold. It worked out though, because I've always pictured Eastern Europe as cloudy (sad, I know), so my first introduction fit my mental image. When it was sunny though, it was pretty too. :-)

I was so exhausted when I got back last night that I got into bed early and got a good nights sleep. I had normal Monday class. Spanish was oddly fun today--because we spend so much time together, our Spanish class is really fun and silly. I came home for lunch and participated in a bus strike processions happening on my street. Maybe participated isn't the right word, but we walked in it a little to find out what was going on. The bus drivers were walking down my street! Apparently they are on strike until Saturday, but I believe only between the hours of 11 and 5. No joke. Back for Catalan and then back home.

I got some groceries (lots of fruits and veggies this time around) and made some dinner. I burned my finger on the dish I made my chicken in though--I miss potholders. :( My food was yummers though, so I guess it was worth it.

I have a midterm in my Latin America class tomorrow, so I studied for that this evening. I'm not too concerned. Wednesday I have a Catalan quiz and I have to turn in something for my Spanish project with Aaron, then Thursday I have my Modernism midterm. Oh well, if I was at Tufts this would all seem like a lot of work. But I'm not and it is easy and thank goodness.

Denise arrives on Thursday afternoon! So I get to plan her weekend here. I'm excited to take her to some of the most famous places but also explore some new places as well. Yay for weekends in Barcelona!

Now it is time for sleep.

Besos

P.S. I almost forgot! I want to say a big CONGRATS to the TU Mens Swimming and Diving Team for coming in 2nd at NESCACs this weekend! Amazing job!!!
P.P.S. If you are bored and want something funny to look at, go here:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

No comments: