Thursday, February 28, 2008

Noodles and fun

You know, another Thursday, another day of classes. This week felt so odd as it was 1) bookended by 2 trips and 2) we only had 3 days of class. I can't believe I'm already off to PRAGUE tomorrow. Yay!

Classes were pretty standard. My Spanish quiz was probably the easiest thing I have ever taken. Then I came home for lunch and had a proud moment. I had to call ebookers to fix a snag in my reservation for Berlin Weekend 2008. Their headquarters are in Madrid. I clicked the English option, seeing as changing a reservation would probably be easier in English. Lo and behold, I got Spanish, and was able to speak coherently and well enough to be understood by someone in Madrid. Yay for me. :-)

My Latin America class today was review for the midterm. It is apparently 3-4 questions about what we have been learning about. The whole class basically went over 2 things that we have spent about 6 our of 11 classes on. Sounds good to me.

I came home after class and had some time with "Project Runway." So good. Then John, Aaron, Christen, Tina, Holly and I decided to go get some Mexican food at a good/cheap place called La Rosa Negra. Well, 2 Spanish girls, Ana and Sheila (pronounched Shay-la) came along with us, and then our party was too big. BUT it worked out. During one of our Orientation tours, Aaron and I saw this Japanese noodle place and made a mental note to come back. Well, we were in the area, thinking about what we were going to do, when the lightbulb went off in my brain and I said,
"Aaron, do you know where we should go?"
"THE NOODLE PLACE" ::in unison::

It is called Udon Noodles and Fun (not kidding) and it is in El Born. The decor of the place is interesting. It's all white and very modern looking, with 3 long white tables and black stools to sit on. There was a lit tile thing on the ceiling and then they played a Madonna concert on the wall. It was very bright and quite enjoyable. I was very happy with my chicken ramen (not quite as good as the place on Sawtelle, padres), and again it tasted good to have food that wasn't Spanish/American college student.

We came home and packed. Aaron and John are off to Granada alone, and Tina and Holly are off to Granada with IES. Johnny and Kyle are in Rome too. So it's a big travel weekend for La Casa! I am SO SO excited for Prague and to see Nikki and Becca! I'm sure I'll be able to check my email but I'll keep the blogging for Sunday.

One last thing, I need to send good vibes and a big GOOD LUCK to the Tufts Mens Swimming and Diving Team. You guys are going to kick butt at NESCACs. I wish I could be there to cheer you all on. GO JUMBOS!!!!! :-D

Besos

No comments: