Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The day of cancels

I woke up this morning, struggling to get out of bed. I was tired, but I like my teacher for my 8:30 class, so I'm going to go to class. Well, guess what? Class was canceled. And we found out how? By showing up at IES. At this point I was up, so I just went and got cafe and a chocolate croissant and studied for my Spanish quiz. Then I went over to IES 2 and fooled around on the computers until my next class at 12.

I went to Spanish and guess what? The quiz was canceled! But we still have a test tomorrow, so my studying will not go to waste. We reviewed the whole time. We even had to do this weird thing where we were all different genies, and then we had to write wishes for 3 other genies, and we had to find the genie of the thing we were talking about in order to have the wish granted. Yes, it was as complicated as it sounds, and even though I was the Genie of Friendship, I didn't get to grant any wishes. Bummer.

I went home and finished off the last of my amazing soup before studying for Catalan. I had a test today in Catalan, and I knew that wasn't going to be canceled, so I studied for awhile. Then I went back towards school and had some gelato, even though all the Spaniards were judging me because they think it is arctic here when it fact it is actually quite pleasant. Oh well, more cinnamon gelato for me!

The test itself seemed pretty easy, but you never know. I was able to get on an earlier bus as I was done with my test early, and came home to relax. I got a text message from Cris telling me that we were all meeting in front of IES II at 6:45 pm to go to the movie! Spanish House activity of the week.

We went and saw "Love in the Time of Cholera." It's funny because the movie is in English, despite being a Spanish book, and this version we saw was dubbed. Odd. They did speak pretty slowly and I was able to understand and follow the whole story line! Look at that. :-) It was a little long (over 2 hours) but I thought it was beautiful to watch and the story kept me engaged the whole time. Plus, it seemed like every 10 minutes another woman was showing her boobs, which is always jarring.

I came home, made some dinner, talked to Ben, took a shower, and studied for Spanish with John. It didn't take very long but hopefully it was productive enough.

My eyes are closing as I type this, but yay for Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Besos

No comments: