Monday, February 18, 2008

Mar Adentro?

Today was a gloomy day in Barcelona. Yet again, there was barely enough rain to make the sidewalk wet. I actually had to talk about a newspaper article about the environment in my Spanish class today, and I was talking about la sequia (drought). It's not good---people aren't allowed to fill their swimming pools, lots of fountains and such are dry. But the government says they are guaranteeing a supply of water for human use. We'll see what happens next!

My 8:30 class was not canceled this morning, though she did move our midterm from Wednesday to Monday. I feel ambivalent about this, as now I have a freer Tuesday night, but I'm going to be gone all weekend. Hmm. I'm sure it will all work out.

Tina, John and I decided we were going to try out a new place for coffee this week. We went into this other restaurant, where Tina and John both said they wanted a donut. If you just want donuts, I suggested, we should go to Dunkin Donuts! They agreed and we had cafe con leches y rosquillos (donuts) all around in no time. YUM. Amy, I remember you loved Dunkin in Roma too---now I know why you liked it so much!

Spanish was interesting, as we started talking about the environment. We watched a few television commercials on the subject and we each talked about our articles. I like that class a lot, and although we have it everyday, it's kind of nice because it's so familiar.

I came home for lunch and to write my Catalan essay. :-) It was a page and I felt that was sufficient, as he had told us he was going to send us a structure to follow, and didn't. I went back for class, which I always enjoy. I did well on my test, so I was happy about that!

I came home, went grocery shopping, and did some work. I had a quesadilla for dinner (I really missed tortillas) and then waited until our Spanish house make-up event. We watched the movie "Mar Adentro" or "Sea Inside" with Javier Bardem. I actually saw this movie in theatres senior year of high school for my Spanish Conversation class. And it was just as sad this time as the first. But there had been enough time in between that I didn't really remember much outside of the basic storyline. It's an amazing movie!

I think I'm going to go do a little more work and then go to sleep. I've been really exhausted recently!

Besitos (and an extra one if you're having a bad day today :-)

No comments: