So much gloomy weather recently! I guess it can't be warm and sunny all the time---but it will be nice to have it back. It's supposed to be a little colder up north, where I'm headed this weekend, so I guess I better just enjoy how warm it is here. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and as we know, rain is always good here.
Another day in the life. I love my Modernism class. We are learning about Gaudi right now, and today we did Colonia Guell, Park Guell, and started on La Sagrada Familia. I love it and I love doing the reading because it doesn't feel like homework.
None of it really feels like homework. In Spanish today we ready articles about the environment in pairs, and then told the class about them. Aaron and my articles were about
1) the fact that flowers are blooming right now due to the unseasonably warm weather, and they will all die once it gets too cold
2) the fact that the ski resorts in the Pyrenees are being forced to use snow machines in order to have enough snow to open just half of their runs.
These snow machines use the same amount of electricity as a typical town of 15,000 people. Normal, right? My homework for Thursday is to write a 150-but-NO-more-than-200 word essay on the environment. Just on whatever. I love being abroad.
Came home for lunch then back for my last class. I really like my teacher a lot (the one who took us on the field trip), but it's kind of hard to understand him sometimes. It is also really easy to daydream when the teacher is speaking a different language. But I like the class anyway.
I (again) was really really tired this evening, but was remarkably productive. I made some dinner, took a shower, and then snuggled in. 8:30 class on Wednesdays always keeps me in on Tuesdays. Tomorrow night: churros con chocolate!
Besos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment