I just got back from my fabulous San Sebastian/Bilbao weekend, and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! I will definitely be back there again at some point in my life, if not many many more times. It was so wonderful to be on the beach and have it be sunny and beautiful, and even the fog on Friday was fun. All in all I had a wonderful weekend.
I'm not going to go into too much detail right now, because I am so exhausted and I want to do a mega post with pictures and explanations, but I'll give a little summary right now. On Friday we flew into Bilbao and then drove about an hour to San Sebastian. It was nice when we got there but after lunch, a really intense/thick fog rolled in and we couldn't see that much. We did however go on a lovely walking tour with our tour guide Anna. That night we went back to the Old City to have a dinner of pintxos, or big tapas placed on top of slices of baguette. YUM.
Saturday we woke up and it was sunny! We went to the top of a mountain overlooking all of San Sebastian, and it was stunning. Then we drove over a mountain used in a big European bike race called La Clasica---I could never ever imagine riding a bike up that hill. We made it to the little fishing village of Hondarribia, which was a 5 minute-1.50 euro ferry ride from France! After visiting the precious little village, we went to France for an hour! :-O We played around on the beach and it was lovely. We then went back to San Sebastian and Bethany, Jill, Elizabeth and I went and laid out on the beach. So nice. Then we had dinner and had an early night.
This morning we woke up extra early and made our way to Gernika! It was really amazing to be able to visit a place I have heard so much about. Then we made our way to a viewpoint of Mundaca, where huge surfing competitions are held every year. It was beautiful (pictures are on the way!). Then we drove on over to Bilbao, where we had some free time to go get some more pintxos before moving on to the Guggenheim! It was actually incredible to see/be in. I couldn't believe I was actually there! It was pretty cool. Then we had some free time in the museum before coming home.
Our flight was delayed by an hour, but it wasn't too bad as it was only a 50 minute flight. When we got home we found out that we don't have class in the morning tomorrow because one of the students on my program has meningitis. She is in London right now and a staff member flew to be with her, but tomorrow morning they are going to deep clean both centers to make sure they are safe for everyone to be in. Gross and horrible, but it took a little bit of pressure off of tonight (aka I didn't feel obligated to do my homework!). Also, some of my food was stolen, as in more than half of a box of cookies and half my jar of Nutella. BOO. I just bought those things last Wednesday. I moved any food I would potentially be worried about into my room (if someone is going to steal my pasta or rice, more power to them), but I can't do anything about the fridge stuff. We'll see what happens, but we're going to have to figure something out because I'm not the only one missing food!
I'm going to go watch some Project Runway and then go to sleep. I had a packed weekend! Tomorrow or Tuesday I'll make sure to put up all the pictures from this weekend (there are many), so get excited. I can't believe I only have 4 days and then I'm off to Prague! I can't wait to see Nikki and Becca. Then Denise is coming the next weekend, then Ben! I'm looking forward to the two amazing months ahead of me!
Besitos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment