Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Paris: A Photo Journey

I promised pictures, so here they are! A lot of them are sideways because they are supposed to be vertical, but I can't flip them here. So sorry if you have a neck cramp after looking at them. They're worth it.

The view from my seat on the plane! This is the sunrise over Paris. How beautiful.
We both look awkward, but we were happy to be there. :-)
Notre Dame! Even though it kind of took us awhile to find it...
Caitlyn celebrating her first major sightseeing spot in Paris!
Stained glass inside of Notre Dame. Those blues!
So happy to be together again!
Pretty fountain.
TU in Paris. So amazing.
Sorry for all the side-views.
It's amazingly large. I was so surprised and I'd been there before.
My pals standing under the tower. :-)
The Eiffel Tower framed by the Peace Memorial. So pretty!
We saw this sign while walking around Odeon. Doesn't that sound YUMMY?
Caitlyn being triumphant in front of the Arc de Triomphe. We're so clever.
Stacey and I under the Arc.
Stacey, Justin, and Caitlyn next to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The amazing view from the top of the Arc. The roundabout that surrounds the Arc is really intense, as in there are no street lines in which to drive. Hmm.
Who would have though Marlborough would see the top of the Arc de Triomphe?
This is Justin impersonating a sarcophagus we saw in a church on St. Germain. The statue on top was of a man lying on his side. He looked like he was inviting the ladies to join him.
We actually took this picture about 15 times. This was the best we did.
My yummy French cafe au lait.
Stacey being Parisian and sipping coffee in a cafe.
Justin being ever so elegant with his water in the cafe.
I got to see Denise! It was so good to see her, seeing as I spent a good portion of my last year with her. P-board love.
Paris at sunset. Is that real? I don't think so, and I was there.
The colors are so beautiful! None of the buildings are very high, and there is a lot of open space (in comparison to Barcelona, where everything is stacked on each other), so it is really easy to see the sunset!
Incredible!
The famous (infamous?) pyramid of the Louvre.

Then of course, the video of people making out in a chain. How gross.



There it is! My Paris whirlwind tour!

Today was pretty relaxed---I went on a field trip this morning down the Block of Discord. I've done this walking tour twice now, and I've been past these buildings a million times, but I'm still not over the fact that all these amazing structures are smack dab in the middle of this bustling city. I love it! Spanish was quick and then I came home. My last class was canceled today, but I was still feeling sick and it was chilly so I just came home to relax.

I watched some TV, did some work, studied, ate, and did some internship research for the summer. Just an easy night at home. I really want to get better so I can have a good weekend!

Besitos

No comments: