Monday, February 11, 2008

La Princesa de las Lentajas

Waking up before the sun is out is a little bit harder when you don't feel that well. Oh well, a cold has never stopped me before, so it was off to my 8:30 class. Sadly, my teacher let us out of class 30 minutes early (I'm getting to the sad part) because she was having some family problem and she was visibly upset. Poor Ana, hopefully all will be well on Wednesday.

John and I went over to Tapas Gaudi and had some coffee and croissant. Yum. Then I went over and met Tina at IES II to print out my Spanish homework and hang out. I found a yummy recipe for Lentil soup from the one and only Giada de Laurentis, but more on that later. I went to Spanish class afterwards. We talked about male/female relationships. We've been talking about this for awhile now and I think it's a little weird. Oh well.

I came home for some lunch and to relax. I have a scratchy throat, a cough, and a runny nose, but I don't feel too bad. Just tired. I went back to school for Catalan and then home on the bus with Gaby, Christen and Johnny. Gaby and I went to the market and I picked up a few things as well as the accouterments for the lentil soup!

I folded some laundry, did some work, hung out for a bit, and then made this soup. It was so easy and it turned out so well! Amy did help via AIM, so I have to give her some credit. But it was so simple--carrots, onions, celery, garlic, salt and pepper, tomatoes, lentils, and some elbow pasta. YUM. It was just what a little sicky needed, and I had 2 bowls of it. And I have plenty more where that came from! I see another dinner and lunch from that.

I took a shower, did some dishes, and now I'm here. I think we are going to have a Spanish house meeting at some point to choose our activities for the week. I'm tired though and will probably go to bed after that. I'm too tired for Paris photos but will def work on them tomorrow.

Besitos

No comments: