Monday, February 4, 2008

Carnaval Eve

Another week, another round of classes. I can't believe we're already in week 3. Tomorrow I will have officially been here for 4 weeks. Can you believe that? Me either.

My Gypsies class is really interesting, but I wish the class moved a little faster. I appreciate the fact that I feel like I could recite everything that I have learned in that class by heart, only because we have reviewed it so many times. But the start of every class begins with a 25 minute review of what we did in the class before. I know what we did; I was there. Oh well, I will be truly knowledgeable upon my return.

After class and some usual coffee at Tapas Gaudi, Tina and I went shopping for Carnaval costumes! I am planning on wearing my gold pants (yes I brought them to Spain, and look, they are coming in handy!), and probably a black shirt of some kind. I bough a stretchy gold sequin ribbon for my hair, and Tina and I bought gold glitter and sparkle hair spray. I also intend on using lots of gold eyeshadow. I'm so excited! Tina got a pretty mask and a boa. Good choices.

Spanish class and then home for lunch. I was able to watch all the Superbowl commercials during my break (thank you Ben!) If you missed them, and you care, they can all be found at www.myspace.com/superbowlads. Then I went back for Catalan. We had to describe our family tree to a partner. I hate doing family trees. Not because I don't love my family, of course I love them very much, but when you have a total of 6 aunts and uncles and 24 FIRST cousins between the two sides, it gets a little confusing. I just gave her the aunts and uncles and then my immediate family. I felt bad because she had 1 uncle, 1 cousin, and 1 sister. Oh well I love having a big fam.

I've still been feeling a little sick, so I took it easy tonight. I did my homework (the little I had to do), watched some TV on my computer, and now I'm going to bed. I don't want a sore throat tomorrow night!

I think we are going to head down to Sitges around 8 or 9...it's going to be a long but amazing night. Sitges goes from 50,000 to 300,000, aka I'm not bringing a purse, just a clutch. I'll contemplate bringing my camera, but regardless I'll take pictures before I leave. And I promise to put some up soon---slow internet+laziness has not been conducive to picture posting.

Besitos

No comments: