Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Radical Supporters

The bus strike is a big pain in the butt. While I may have enjoyed being in the procession yesterday, today I want my bus to run again. It's a silly strike really. During morning and evening rush hours, there will be 50% service and at least 1 one of every bus running. All other times, only 25% of normal service will be offered. This goes until Saturday. Over it!

This morning I took the metro to school due to the strike, but guess what? The green line of the metro was broken too! So I had a good long walk to class. At least it has gotten pretty outside, even if it is a little chilly.

In Spanish we chose small groups to work on a little mini-project about soccer. Rose, Aaron, a girl named Sarita and I are together. We are working on Rivalries in the sport. Funny you should say that, because today the entire city was covered in Scottish men and women in white and green stripes. Yes, tonight was the Barca/Celtic home game. They were EVERYWHERE, yelling and cheering and drinking all day. Basically, by the time I came home from class after my midterm, they were all wasted. Quite funny actually.

I came home, made dinner and did a little work. Last night I burned myself on my index finger because we don't have potholders. Today I cut my finger with a knife in the exact same spot. Good aim.

Tina, Johnny, Kyle, Kyle's friend Kayla and I all went over to Gracia to meet up with John and a few other people to watch the futbol game. It ended up being a lot of fun, but in those crowded little bars with everyone smoking, it smells like giant ashtray. My hair reeks of it now. We decided to go to a more subdued place tonight, as we even received an e-mail from IES warning us about the potential actions of the "radial supporterrs" of the Scottish team. Apparently they are prone to start fights, etx. Duh. It was really fun and Barce ended up wining 1-0. Yay!

I came home and took a shower before doing some work. I am slowly crashing, so tomorrow pictures!

Besito
Lauren

No comments: