I am home from Berlin! I had such a wonderful, amazing, super fantastic time in Berlin. I really loved the city, even though it is not pretty (but it doesn't pretend to be). We had a really awesome tour guide on Sunday, and we saw all the major sites, landmarks, memorials and museums that there are to see in Berlin. It was a bit of a whirlwind tour but absolutely worth it. I am so glad I went!
I am exhausted from my trip however, and STILL sick (I don't even know how that is possible), so I shall wait to play storyteller until tomorrow. The pictures are looking good so get excited for that.
Today was a long travel day. Elyse had an earlier flight out of a different airport, so it was just Jocelyn and I who got up and went to Tegel this morning. We grabbed some bagels (so delicious) from Dunks (I know, I know, but BAGELS), hopped on the bus and made our way to the airport. Here we parted ways, and, leaving Jocelyn at the airport Starbucks, I went to the gate. I had a 50 minute flight to Stuttgart, followed by a 4 hour layover in the lovely Stuttgart Airport. I got some pretzels and some Ritter Sport chocolate, and luckily Ben brought me a book to read ("Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography" by Dominic Streatfeild, really interesting), so I was all set to wait. The hour and 15 minute flight to Barcelona was fine, minus the end. It was only a 13 row plane, and for some reason we came into Barcelona from over the Mediterranean. It was cool to be able to fly past the entire city, but it was really bumpy and windy, and the landing felt like he came in too hard and too fast. Needless to say it was nice to be on the ground.
I took the train to the metro and then walked home from there. I loved Berlin, but it is always nice to get back to Spain. I love hearing Spanish and understanding. Plus, Barcelona just feels like home. I felt that way after going to Valencia our second weekend here. It was the perfect choice for me, and I can't believe I only have another four and a half weeks! On that note, it is time for sleeping.
Besos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment