Another day closer to Spring Break, another day with an icky cold. At least now it feels like it is moving into my chest (good thing?). Hopefully I'll beat this thing soon.
Gypsies was kind of painful today. After teaching for an hour, my professor stopped and asked if we had any questions. She does this a lot, as she thinks we always need to be confused about something for some reason. I don't get it. We all kind of stare at her, because we have all understood what she said. "Well, I guess I just explained it perfectly then!" Umm, I guess? Finally she asked us about our Spring Break plans and set us free at 9:50. Hallelujah.
After coffee with John and Tina I went over to IES II for a bit, then back for Spanish. I think this week has been a little longer/more painful than most just because it is the week before Spring Break, so we can all see a week of vacation within our reach. I came home for lunch and to study for Catalan for a bit. I went back and took my test--I think it went pretty well, but you never can tell with those tests. We'll see. It's kind of frustrating that our grades don't count, because I have very little motivation. I mean, I want to do well even though it doesn't really matter, and I still do, but actually finding that drive to study has been hard.
Tonight we had our Casa de Castellano activity--dinner at home! Aaron and John made an amazing paella mixto, Kyle made a yummy tortilla, and Johnny made an appetizer of a slice of green bell pepper with cream cheese on it and a piece of chorizo in the middle, all wrapped in bacon. Basically a heart attack in bite-size form, but really yummy. Christen made a "cake" (pre-made bizcochos [cakes] that she covered in Nutella and strawberries) for Cris's birthday which is on Sunday. It was nice. Then we had a million dishes to do, but we got them all done eventually.
John and I studied for a bit for Spanish but also watched YouTube videos at the same time. Gotta love being abroad. I took a shower and now it is time for bed! One more day of classes, a day of freedom and then Ben arrives! :-D
Besos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment