Happy Palm Sunday! The Spaniards were out in full force this morning. There is a church across the street from my house that started ringing their bells rather early, and then ended up setting up a little stage in the street with a band. But only for about an hour. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for an hour, but it's cool. All day today we saw people walking around with palm fronds. Not the green singular kind we get at church in LA, but rather dried fronds that were twisted and molded and what not in to all different crazy shapes. Some were colored, some had glitter, it was exciting. I'm a little bummed I'm not going to be in Spain on Easter, but I will be in Germany, so I guess I can't complain!
Ben and I made chocolate chip pancakes this morning with the Bisquick and chocolate chips Ben so generously brought with him from home. SO GOOD. Oh so good. I ate one and a half (they were big!) and felt like I was going to die but it was so worth it. Once we did the dishes and such as headed out to Montjuic. We were going to do Tibidabo today, but since it really is a large church I thought it might be a little crazy on Palm Sunday. So it was off to Montjuic.
We walked around, saw the Olympic Stadium and walked down through to the Plaza Espanya. I should become a tour guide of this city---I've already got some good routes down. Ben had wanted to see the Olympic stuff so that was cool. After that we headed over to La Sagrada Familia, which is spectacular as always. Ben came to Barcelona in 2000, and he said the SF definitely looked different. I guess progress really is being made!
After that I got a sandwich and we sat in the park across the street and ate lunch. It was a beautiful day, weather in the low 60s, and it was nice to sit in the park. Then we walked up to Hospital San Pau and walked around there for a bit. After that I was suddenly so exhausted, so we came back home and took a nap. I think this might be the end of this cold (I hope!) so if I'm better after this it will be good. We hung out for a bit after our naps, and then went out to dinner with Gaby, Kyle, Tina, her boyfriend, his friend, and Amanda (Christen's friend). We went to a place called Flash Flash, and they specialize in all different types of tortilla. MMM. I love tortilla, so I was excited. I went for the classic -- potatoes and onions -- while Ben got one with lots of different veggies in it. It was good, and we all had a good time. The walls were white minus drawings in all black of this woman in all different positions with a camera. Where the camera bulb was, there was an actual lamp. Clever.
We came home after dinner, had some ice cream, and got ready for bed. Tomorrow we are definitely going to hit up Tibidabo, and then we'll see where the afternoon takes us!
Besitos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment