Thursday, March 6, 2008

P-Board: Reunited and it feels so good

My midterms are over! Well, next week I have a Spanish test and a Catalan test, but language tests don't count. So yay for me. My art history midterm this morning wasn't hard, but there is just so much information to write when the slide that comes up is the Sagrada Familia. After an hour of furious writing I went and got some coffee before Spanish with Caitlyn.

Spanish class today was focused entirely on el futbol. We had broken up into small groups and had to give small presentations about the subject. My group was about Rivalries, aka how Real Madrid is the worst team ever in the opinions of all those we interviewed. Typical. My teacher also gave us all the lyrics to the Barca Anthem, in Catalan in which it is sung as well as the Spanish translation, and then we watched a little animated video about the players. It was cute.

I came home for lunch and guess who arrived---Denise! It was so good to see her again even though I saw her in Paris a few weeks ago. She came with me as I went to my last class of the day. She was a trooper and did some exploring around the center while I had class.

Afterwards I walked her down the Passieg de Gracia towards to Block of Discord. I had studied these all a lot, so it was fun playing tour guide. I took her then on to Casa Mila, which we ended up going inside. Again, I got to play tour guide and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hadn't been inside the Casa since I've been here, and it really is beautiful. The sun was setting when we were on the roof, making it even more beautiful!

We came home afterwards and went to the supermarket to get some things for dinner and snacks for the weekend. We had a typical dinner of pan con tomate with ham and cheese, as well as a salad. We had some chocolate for dessert. We spent a lot of time catching up and laughing, it was great. We got ready to go out eventually and made our way over to Sutton.

We had a really fun time in Sutton, although it was rather loud. The last time I went, after I left, apparently, there was a drag show. Well this time it just happened to be hippies themed, so just a bunch of hot guys and girls were dancing in hippie wear. We decided to call it a night and come home. Tina and I have a big day of sightseeing tomorrow!

Besos

No comments: