Saturday, March 15, 2008

BJM in BCN

Ben is here!!! I am so excited and I still can't believe he's actually in Spain. It just doesn't seem real!

I woke up this morning at 7 and was so antsy to just get to the airport already. I made the 7:55 train to the airport, which ended up being perfect because Ben didn't get his stuff and come out of customs until bout 8:45. I was SO happy to see him, and he looks just how I left him. :-P Maybe because I've been able to see him on skype, but it was SO good to see him in person!

We made the journey home--bus, train, metro, walk. We put his stuff down and then went over o Fornet for some breakfast. Then we hopped the bus to Plaza Catalunya. I showed Ben where IES is, and we walked down Via Laietana down through the Barri Gotic, El Born, and down to the beach. Then we came back up through the port and down Las Ramblas with a stop in the Boqueria. I got some yummy pineapple. Mmm.

Ben was getting tired so we took the bus home. We went to the market to get some groceries and then came back. Ben took a long nap and I napped a little too, but got up and did some stuff on the computer. Once he got up we watched an episode of Top Chef online, then made dinner. A pasta with cannellini beans, roasted tomatoes, and garlic. We had some pan con tomate and some vino tinto to round it out. Yum!

Ben has been so sweet---he brought me Bisquick and chocolate chips! Tomorrow will be chocolate chip pancakes (YES). He also brought me some hamentaschen that his mom made for Purim which is on Thursday--so nice of her! He also brought me a ton of tissues, cold medicine (legit Tylenol Cold, missed that stuff), and cough drops. He's the best. :-D

Now it's off to bed. Tomorrow we are going to try to go up to Tibidabo, which should be interesting because it is Palm Sunday. Adventure!

BESOS!

No comments: