Saturday, March 8, 2008

Las Meninas

This morning was again a bit tired, so we took it easy this morning before going to go get some coffee. Then Denise and I were off to Park Guell. I amazingly remembered how to get there (not really that amazing), and we made it there quickly.

Denise really seemed to enjoy Park Guell, which I was happy about. It really is such a cool place, and even though it was my third time there I got something new out of it. We walked up to the very top part of the Park, to the site where Gaudi had intended to build a church to the Virgin (allegedly in the shape of a rose). Today all that is there is a round brick thing with 3 brick crosses on it. This point has a 360 degree view of the city, and today was quite pretty, making this a very gorgeous experience. We came back down the hill and took her to the site of the Caridee/Melrose runway show--she was very excited about that. Then we walked back down to the metro.

We took the metro to La Sagrada Familia---you can't come here and not see it! Afterwards we we were both suddenly starving, and had menus del dia from this yummy Italian place. To start I had a tomato, mozzarella, onion, and lettuce salad with balsamic. Denise had basically eggplant parm. For the main I had some spaghetti carbonara, and Denise had some chicken and potatoes. We ended with strawberries and cheesecake.

After that we moseyed on over to the Picasso Museum. It was pretty crowded, but def worth it. Then we went to the Magic Fountain show at Montjuic---SO worth it! It's a little Disney-esque (foutain show, music and lights---Disney right?) but so so cool. Half the time that water doesn't even look like water anymore. I wil definitely go back at some point.

We came home and relaxed a little bit. We weren't hungry still from our big lunches, so we had some cereal and got ready. I took Denise first to the bar referred to as "El Bosque," which means "the forest." Inside there are lots of mannequins and odd things but lots of them are fake trees that people make out on. We decided quickly to go to La Oveja Negra.

The place was great! I hadn't been yet but it came highly recommended. I had some yummy sangria and we even made a few Spanish friends. It turned out to be a good, relaxing night. I need to go to sleep now, because tomorrow is Montserrat!

Besos
Lauren

No comments: