Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Up and Down and Around again

Yesterday morning I woke up bright and early for my Gypsies final. The question was literally:

"Que es el flamenco? Como nacio y desarrollo?"

We have been studying flamenco for the second half of the semester. WTF. That is the most ridiculous question ever. Basically spit out all the information you know onto this piece of paper. Super. Oh well, it was easy and easy to finish, so I knocked it out and went with it. I grabbed some coffee with John, and we met up with Aaron, then came home. I slept for a bit, studied for awhile, and then Stacey and Amna arrived in Barcelona! I went and met them at their hostel and then we went to dinner. It is nice to see them here! I walked them down to the Sagrada Familia afterwards, and then I hopped on the metro home. I studied for a while and then went to sleep.

This morning I had my art history exam, which was equally easy. I grabbed a coffee then went to IES II and waited for Amna and Stacey. Finally we met up and went on the signature walking tour. I took them to the Palau de la Musica, the Cathedral, through the Barri Gotic, through El Born, all the way down to the beach, back up Las Ramblas, through the Boqueria, then back up the Block of Discord. It was a whirlwind and I think they were pretty tired by the end of it. I told them how to get to Casa Mila and then back to their hostel before heading back to Plaza Catalunya.

We had a Goodbye Ceremony for IES today. It was kind of like an awkward office party, but John, Aaron and I really wanted to say goodbye to Marga. So we hung out until we got there, and she was so sweet. She told us that if we ever needed anything all we had to do was e-mail her. What a nice lady! Afterwards we got on the bus and came home.

We are all so tired but we hung out in the boys' apartment for awhile and got ready to go out. Stacey came over and we all headed out to Pippermint. We had a lot of fun there before we moved on to Up and Down. I hadn't been there before but I really liked it. They played a lot of American music which was nice, and the club itself was pretty cool. A little too much strobe light for my liking, and maybe a little too much creepy guys, but hey, what can you do?

I can't believe I only have 2 more days in Barcelona. There is nothing else to say!

Besos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you like Pippermint, you gonna love this discount card, with it you can get 15% discounts on drinks!!