Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ay, Carmela!

Waking up at 7:30 am when it is dark and wet from overnight rain is always a pleasant thing. Actually, Holly got up before I did but by the time my alarm went off she as already back in bed. Good choice.

I made my way to Gypsies with John and we had our last class! Well, we have class next week, but both days are just presentations, so no more actual class. At the end today she asked us to tell her a few things we would change or add to the course. It was odd---anything someone said, it was like she felt the need to explain all the reasons behind why we felt that way. Oh well, I think we get written evaluations to fill out too, so we'll see.

After coffee and an IES II run, Aaron and I gave our presentation in Spanish. Our presentation de la Comida Catalana was a big hit, and we got an A. :-) Gotta love being abroad. Tomorrow is more presentations, which I enjoy watching.

I came home for lunch and "The Hills" and then went back for Catalan. We took a little quiz and then wrote the script for the puppet show we are going to film on Monday. It is a show about the story of San Jordi, and it should be pretty entertaining to perform and to watch. I was the dragon today, so we'll see where I end up on Monday.

After class it was back home to do some work and make dinner (chicken and stir-fried veggies) before going to see "Ay, Carmela!" with the Spanish House. This play wasn't exactly my favorite thing in the world. It was really hard to understand, but basically it was about a couple who were comedians traveling in Spain during the Civil War, who are captured. They fight for their lives by doing a comedy routine, but Carmela can't say things she doesn't believe. She ends up getting shot, but the whole beginning of the play involved her ghost coming to visit. Whatever floats your boat.

Now I'm in bed and just about falling asleep as I write this. I'm so excited for Portugal this weekend!

Besos

No comments: