Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Un xuxo para llevar

I had a field trip this morning to the Caixa Forum with my Art History class. I decided to grab a breakfast treat at Fornet, where I realized I had left my phone at home. Oh well. I got my coffee and treat to go so I could just get on the metro and at least be there on time. Getting there is a bit of a hassle due to an awkward line change, but I sat in a metro stop for while 3 trains passed so I could eat breakfast. I was still early but slowly my classmates showed up for the tour.

Our tour guide was really nice and knew a lot. The funny thing was, one of the exhibits going on right now is about the Palau de la Musica. Where we went as a class. Which she explained to us again. I was paying attention but I know that half the class had zoned out by the end of the speech. She was very nice and took us around the museum, and then we went on our way.

I went back to IES with Kate, all the while discussing things we are excited for back in LA. I had Spanish where we talked about superstitions and did some Si clauses. I came home for lunch and some online TV, then back to school for Latin America. It wasn't bad at all today, and I took a lot of notes and only felt sleepy during the video! Progress! Too bad the semester is almost over. Oh well.

I came home after class and went up to the boys apartment to work on my Spanish project with Aaron. We were very productive, and I think our presentation about Catalan food is going to be awesome. :-P I've also written a good chunk of the paper that I am responsible for, so I'm feeling good about that.

Christen's mom and brother graciously and amazingly made us dinner tonight! They made a pasta with bacon and asparagus, some shrimp, and some bread baked with tomato and cheese. Yum! It was so nice of them to cook for us, and greatly appreciated. After doing the dishes, the girls and I decided that we need to start sharing the food we have left. We all have olive oil and spices and rice and pasta and stuff that we need to get rid of, so anything we wanted to put up for grabs we put on the island in the kitchen. We don't want it to go to waste!

I did a little more work on my project, then looked through my IR course options for the fall. I think I have a pretty sweet schedule lined up (if it works out!), so I am excited for that. I register next week--yikes! Senior year is approaching! But, I think I need to finish junior year first. And at this point, I have a long ways to go.

Besos

No comments: