It was hard getting up this morning after a fun night at Up and Down, but I got myself up to go meet Stacey and Amna in the metro to go on to Park Guell. We got out there and it was SO beautiful today---the sun was shining, the sky was bright blue, everything was perfect. It was so nice to have a gorgeous day like today before I left. After the Park we did a little shopping and then I sent them towards Montjuic for the afternoon. I really had to study, and they went on their merry way to San Sebastian this evening. They're going to love it.
I got off the metro to go to IES II and was immediately surrounded by people. Today is Dia de Sant Jordi, the patron saint of Catalunya. All men give roses, and all women give books. The story of Sant Jordi is that he slayed the dragon to save the princess, and from the blood of the dragon bloomed a red rose. The reason why we give books is a 20th century addition to the holiday, because Shakespeare and Cervantes both died around the day, so it's a little commercial but fun too. The streets were lined with roses and books---it was CRAZY but so so much fun and beautiful. I loved today, it was like Valentine's Day and the 4th of July and April Fools all mixed into one.
Gaby and Johnny were riding the bus today, and a woman started having contractions and her husband was doing some breathing exercises with her. She asked if anyone was a doctor, and a woman gave up her seat for the lady. Finally---she pulled a balloon out of her shirt. Happy Dia de Sant Jordi! There were TMB (the metro/bus system) employees playing a Sant Jordi joke! Apparently everyone clapped and laughed, but that is so weird. I love Spain.
Once I got to IES II Tina, Gaby, Johnny and I made our way to Dunks for a pick me up. We came back to IES II to study afterwards, and then I got sleepy and came home to watch The Hills and relax. After a shower and some hanging out, Tina, Gaby, Johnny and I went to meet up with John, Aaron, and Aaron's family at a bar in El Raval called The Shamrock to watch the HUGE Barca v. Manchester soccer game. Aaron and his family had staked out some awesome seats, so we were front and center for the big screen. We ordered a few beers and watched a very very exciting, yet ultimately 0-0, match. We had a lot of fun, and some of the Spanish guys there were talking to us so that was fun.
We came home afterwards and made some chicken nuggets and pizza (trying to get rid of all our food!) and then hung out for awhile. I'm exhausted but I'm not tired, but hey, I can sleep in LA right? I can't BELIEVE that tomorrow is my last full day in Barca. And I will be studying and packing. PARTY! Then a final and freedom to enjoy my last night with my friends. Can't wait. :-)
Besos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment