Thank God it's Thursday! Welcome to my program--no Friday classes! This is joyous.
I had round 2 of two classes today, and of course the ever present Spanish. I really do like my Modernismo in Architecture class, though at this point we are less discussing architecture and more discussing paintings and movements leading up to the movement. Alas, we'll get there. We have to set the groundwork first.
Spanish was fun as usual. I actually like the class, and I have some friends in it, which makes it better. There is also a guy who has the deepest voice I've ever heard, and it's fun to hear him talk. I have started trying to drink a full 1.5 Liter bottle of water everyday (Day 2 down, success!). Well, as we were reaching the end of class, I started getting hungry, causing my stomach to grumble louder than it ever has before. So I drank water to make it quiet. This practice backfired, as I then had to pee so badly by the end of class that my pen was tapping, my knees were bouncing as unobtrusively as possible, and I had to keep saying the Greek alphabet to keep my mind of it. Finally the clock struck 1 and I was saved.
Aaron and I went and got some pita falafel for lunch---so good. Then I made my way over to IES II and hung out with Caitlyn until class. We were researching flights to Paris (which we booked tonight--wahoo!) and hanging out. 3:45 came and led me to class. Again with the just straight talk for 90 minutes. I need to break into a small group, or at least be asked a question, to make it through that. I was a survivor today, so I made it and came home on the bus with Johnny.
I have had a cough for the last day or so--I think all the smoke is starting to get to me. In Valencia, I actually say a man with his baby in a little baby pouch on his front, holding a cigarette about 6 inches from the baby's face. The baby may as well have been smoking it. Gross. Every night my hair smells like it, my clothes. They really need to work on that addiction here.
I had some dinner and relaxed. As mentioned I booked my Paris flight, and I'm all set to go! Can't wait!
Elyse comes tomorrow and Jocelyn is coming on Saturday! I can't wait!
Besitos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment