So we didn't go on the Bus Turistic today. Although I woke up at 11 thinking it was 12, everyone else seemed to sleep in until about 1 or later! So we decided we would start our touring tomorrow.
Instead, my roommates and I went to Corte Ingles, the big department store here. We went to the one that is close to our apartment, not the huge mega store in the Plaza de Catalunya. I forgot to bring socks with me to Spain, as noted, so I got a couple of pairs, and Holly got a new bag. Right now this thing called Rebajas is going on in Spain. It is a month of huge sales at basically every store in the city (maybe country?). Up to 50% off of everything! It's pretty awesome. Regardless of las rebajas, it is expensive here! I knew that coming in, but seriously, the cheapest socks I could find today were 4 euro a pair. :-O
Afterwards we went to the supermarket and stoked up on some pasta, olive oil, juice, and other necessities. I love this supermarket because it is right around the corner from my apartment, and they are constantly baking fresh bread and keeping it warm in the oven. Whenever someone wants to buy a baguette, they open the oven and the whole store smells like fresh bread! I got another jamon del pais sandwich from the little place across the street and then we settled in to our apartment. I took a little nap and then watched some Spanish television. Well, some American television dubbed into Spanish (One Tree Hill?). Also the game shows here are actually pretty funny. We saw one that was basically Deal or No Deal, except instead of just choosing briefcases attached to hot girls, the contestant has to guess which person standing there matches which description. For example, "David Beckham double" or "worked in a coal mine" or "has had 485 dentist visits". As weird as that sounds, at least it involves some sort of thought process, unlike its American counterpart.
Tina and I made some pasta for dinner tonight. I put some olive oil and salt on and it was yummers. Then some people came over to hang out before going out, but Holly, Christen and I just felt like taking a night off. Plus, we're going on the Bus tomorrow and want to experience it. They were all going to a place called Catwalk. We'll see how they liked it and if we shall return at a later date. Tomorrow we're going to a place called Duvet, and it looks like fun!
My internet was fixed so if you have Skype, I am now available! And I will definitely have pictures tomorrow. :-)
xoxo
P.S. 25 :-*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment