I really love my art history class. I miss taking it---am I majoring in the wrong thing? Alas, at least I have the opportunity to take it here. Lucky for me!
In Spanish class we had una prueba, or quiz. It seemed pretty easy, especially considering we reviewed for it for 30 minutes before hand. We'll see. Considering this Spanish class is counting for the Tufts equivalent of Spanish 21, and I started Freshmen year in Spanish 22, I'm not too concerned.
One interesting thing I did learn today is that in Spain, instead of saying "Salud" when someone sneezes, they say "Jesus." This is due to the fact that during the black plague, if someone was seen sneezing or coughing, people would cross themselves and say Jesus, because they knew that person was going to die. Nice and morbid eh? Whatever, we sing "Ring Around the Rosy" which is way creepier anyway.
I came home for a nice relaxing tuna melt with some computer time on the side. On the way back to school, I knew I had to do something before my final class of the week in order to stay awake. Thank you, Dunkin Coffee (no, not Donuts. Coffee.) Un cafe con leche and I was good to go. Despite having to listen to obnoxious Spanish girls yelling into their cell phone (everyone talks really loudly here!), it was pleasant. And guess what? I didn't even feel sleepy in class! I guess that will have to be my strategy from now on. I think I'm OK with that.
Holly and I picked up some groceries after class and came back to the apartment. This has been a lazy night, except for cooking some chicken and cous cous (mmm) and planning my day tomorrow. A bunch of my roommates went to the Barca game tonight, but it was cold today for BCN standards and I was just too tired from the week. I know I'll make it to at least one this semester.
Not much to report today I guess, but tomorrow I'm going to do a little solo-touring up on Montjuic. I'm going to visit a few places on my list, which is exciting! I can't believe it's going to be February, and my weekends are filling up. I feel like I need to get in as much in Barca as I can. So sightseeing it is in the morning, some Boqueria food shopping in the afternoon, and who knows what tomorrow night. Then down to Sitges on Saturday!
Besitos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment